Thursday, February 20, 2014

Vday Weekend Journal









Hello,

I've been doing some traveling for work, and Valentine's day happened to fall on the Friday after I have been away for a whole week. We had planned this weekend way in advance and it was more perfect than we had planned. Starting with him picking me up from the airport, and after a quick change out of my work clothes, we headed to Church and State downtown, where we have always had a great time. Then Saturday morning he got up when I was sleeping and bought the ingredients to make breakfast for me. Almost everything you see in the picture was his creation, can you believe it? 

Some details on the outfit, the peplum top was purchased from one of the bargain online stores (I can't remember which one), I bought it because of the cute keyhole in the back. In my opinion, it's harder to make something black to cheap, so if I wore to shop bargain and lower quality materials I usually go for black or another dark color, but try to avoid white/ivory. The necklace was a Christmas present from him, my first piece of jewelry from Tiffany's. Was it the best fit for the outfit? Maybe not, but it was the best fit for the occasion. The skirt is a soft knit skirt from Rachel Pally. It's incredibly comfortable and I adore the print, but the downside is that it stretches but doesn't bounce all the way back. I'm afraid the skirt will become loose very quickly....still thinking about a solution for that.

The shoes are my favorite. Special occasion shoes, because I won't bare the pain for any normal day. They are Ferragmos and they usually sit on my dressing table as a decor. I love things with bows on them and Ferragamo does it in such a tasteful way, I had to have them. 

Well that's it for last weekend, this weekend is coming tomorrow! Can't wait to go home!

Love,

Kiko Z.

P.S. I have another review in the works, should be up on Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment