Friday, February 7, 2014

New Year's Resolution

(Leather Jacket: All Saints, Jeans: 7 by All MannKind, Top: St. Elsewhere, Necklace: Jewelmint)






Hello!

It's been over a year since I was last here, and so much has changed. I graduated from college, started what I thought was a great first job, moved into a lovely new apartment in Silverlake, and sort of hit a quarter-life-crisis. With the exception of finding someone who I love (and vice versa), I have been a little directionless. Fortunately, I still had my camera (which I gifted to Nik, my lovely boyfriend), I still loved eating out and exploring new things when I'm not sitting in a puddle of misery over my job, and I still had a closet full of clothes. So I turned to my blog - a creative outlet, something I have been missing and desperately needing for the past year.

Here I don't need to follow the rules of "business writing" or "dress appropriately". Here I can have opinions, and loves and hates. I'm not sure that I've mentioned this before, but the name "Aurora Seagull" is a straight translation from my Chinese name. A name I rarely use anymore, although I should have because my parents had hidden in there the meaning of me. And it's coincidentally fitting, for me to have named this blog by this name a few years back, because maybe here is where I will find my wings.

exited and optimistic,

Kiko Z.

P.S.
A little bit about the photos, they were taken on Chinese New Year when Nik and I ventured to Chinatown to get some culture. I hadn't spent CNY with my family for almost a decade and it felt good to be around all the red with someone I love again. The cone in my hand was one of those party firecrackers (but instead of fire, it blew out confetti tissue papers)

No comments:

Post a Comment